Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Venturing to the dark side of the H/J world

Good morning! I am definetly behind in updating what has been going on over the past two weeks, which has been some major changes, all GREAT! This morning I am headed in town to Aiken to the big time PSJ show that is happening this week. So the details of my officially leaving my office job will have to wait for a bit longer. Suffice it to say, I have been walking on cloud nine since I have traded my dress pants and heels for breeches and paddock boots along with changing from daily makeup for sunscreen :-).

By the grace of the horsey gods, several months ago I realized that I have neighbors that are also equestrians. Dustin Ball and Trina Green run Hadland Farm here in Neeses, SC about 4 miles from my driveway.They are two of the most entertaining, laid back people I have met in a very long time. Not to mention that they are fabulous horsemen and I have had a blast watching them fly over their huge show jumps. They have helped me with my show jumping and I am competing some of their horses to sell that show an inclination towards Eventing.

Today I am headed to Aiken to help them during the show this week, generally be the catch all person, warm up horses (that idea still weirds me out, can you imagine doing that in Eventing?,LOL!), fetch, switch horses, etc. I've never been to a  true AA fancy H/J show so you can count on lots of photos and feedback. Hopefully, I can slip onto the show grounds without alarms going off with a loudspeaker proclaiming "Crazy Eventer on the premises, lock up your horses!". I've got on my Dubarry boots, bling belt and pink polo but I think the MZ Eventing hat may give me away, oh well ;-).

Ciao!
Molls

No comments:

Post a Comment