Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Adventures

Tia and Lexi both rocked the combined test at Quintynhille Farm this past weekend. Tia dipped her toe into Preliminary level and won her division. Lexi was 2nd at Novice and felt much stronger since her first show a month ago. Both these girls will go to Highfields at the end of the month for some jumper classes.

I am super excited to announce that MZE has teamed up with Lara Anderson and her crew at Full Gallop Farm! I will be training and showing several sale horses from FGF so look for them this summer and fall.
I am thrilled at the opportunity to work with Lara again and very grateful for her support. Needless to say, the MZE barn is filling up quick.  We will soon have 6-8 competition horses based here plus a few pasture ornaments of mine. Thankfully, we will begin putting in the fencing for the new pasture this week and that  will progress quickly. 

I still have the 5 rescue horses since we now have to go through the process of having a jury trial that the owner requested. The  horses themselves are doing great and have homes waiting on them but it is very frustrating that this case keeps getting dragged out. The ignorance and audicity of some people is just mind boggling.

Overall, life is a whirlwind right now but filled with fantastic opportunities and projects. It is has been scary starting my own business but I am starting to believe that things just might work out after all. I have been overwhelmed at the support  I have received from the people around me, my family, friends, Hadland Farm, Full Gallop Farm and can't thank them enough. Without them, this new chapter in my life would not be able to be written.

No comments:

Post a Comment